- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional
- Number Of Pages: 1197
- Publication Date: 2007-10-17
- ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0071466908
- ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780071466905
- Binding: Hardcover
The must-have reference in dermatology-now completely revised and updated!
In no other source but Fitzpatrick's
can you find the most comprehensive, current, and authoritative
coverage of the entire spectrum of dermatologic science, diagnosis,
treatment, and management. Now in a more accessible format, with
everything you need to know about skin, skin symptoms, and skin
diseases right at your fingertips-from the basic science of the skin as
an immunoprotective organ -- to the day-to-day clinical issues of
managing skin diseases like psoriasis, acne, and skin cancer.
Encyclopedic in scope, yet skillfully edited so it's easy to read and
use every day, this unsurpassed resource delivers a timely look at
dermatologic therapeutics as well as dermatologic surgery and cosmetic
dermatology. In addition, 3,000 eye-catching full-color photographs and
hundreds of time-saving tables encapsulate core concepts, while scores
of references facilitate further research.
NEW Full color design
- “At a glance” overviews give you the key points of every chapter
- Diagnostic and Treatment algorithms guide you through the clinical thought process
- Boxes on differential diagnosis with helpful cross-referencing ensure that you find the content you need when you need it.
- Color clinical photographs and useful diagrams let you see diagnosis and treatment as you read about it.
- Over half the illustrations are NEW to this edition!
- Attention-getting icons lead you to additional content online
- Basic science chapters are grouped with the corresponding clinical chapters.
Organization of dermatologic disease chapters by location of symptoms
and then by causative mechanisms to facilitate comprehension
- More chapters on dermatologic surgery and cosmetic dermatology
CHAPTERS ON: Sweet Syndrome, Paraporiasis, Lichen Sclerosus, Vitiligo,
Mechanisms of Autoimmune Disease, Innate and Adaptive Immunity,
Diagnostic Procedures and Devices, Body Art, Occupational Skin Disease,
Topical Therapy in Ethnically Different Skins, Drug Interactions,
Complementary and Alternative Dermatology, Flaps and Grafts, Surgical
Complications, Cosmetics and Skin Care in Dermatologic Practice, and
Digital Access: E-BOOK DOWNLOAD of the entire text
with the ability to search and annotate content and download images
into your own presentations is included in your purchase.
ALSO AVAILABLE: Access to Dermatology in General Medicine OnLine (DIGMO) website. SEE INSIDE THE BOOK FOR DETAILS OF THIS OFFER
- Updated monthly, this all-inclusive online resource is filled with additional text, images, and references