- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone
- Number Of Pages: 1600
- Publication Date: 2004-11-24
- ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0443071683
- ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780443071683
- Binding: Hardcover
Not since it first published in 1858 has Gray's Anatomy introduced so
much innovation to the world of anatomical references. A team of
renowned clinicians, anatomists, and basic scientists have radically
transformed this classic resource to incorporate all of the newest
anatomical knowledge reorganized it by body region to parallel clinical
practice and added many new surface anatomy, radiologic anatomy, and
microanatomy images to complement the exquisite artwork that the book
is known for. Although there are now many books called "Gray's
Anatomy," only this 39th Edition carries on the true lineage of the
original text. And, only this 39th Edition delivers so much pragmatic,
clinically indispensable information. The result is, once again, the
world's definitive source on human anatomy..
- A new organizationby body region, rather than by organ systemparallels the way physicians approach patients.
- A new clinical emphasis ensures relevance to everyday practice.
reflect the very latest understanding of the pelvic floor · the inner
ear · the peritoneum · preimplantation embryology · assisted
fertilization · smooth and cardiac muscle · wrist kinematics and
kinetics · the temporomandibular joint · blood supply to the muscles
and skin · topographical, clinico-pathological, and functional anatomy
· cross-sectional and endoscopic imaging · the spread of infection
along fascial planes · anatomical landmarks that facilitate
differential diagnosis · key anatomical variants throughout the body ·
and many other crucial areas.
- Almost 400 new illustrations
nearly 2,000 in all, over half of them in full colordepict all
structures with optimal clarity, includ¬ing surface anatomy, radiologic
anatomy, and microanatomy.